- Completing the Convention Card. Attend the free workshop for beginners on March 19 and 20. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for information.
- The MOVING UP program resumes this month. Contact Sharon Donoff at firstname.lastname@example.org
- STaC Week is March 19 through 24.
- Barometer Game (0-20 MP) is on March 28.
- Barometer Game (0-99) MP is on March 30.
Grand National Teams
We are running GNT qualifying games every Wednesday evening (except for STaC week), and on the 4th Sunday of each month, through April 4th. Even if you are not planning to go to the Summer Nationals, the GNT qualifying games pay extra masterpoints. We encourage every player to form a team to participate in the qualifying Swiss Team events, play in the District finals and, if you win, play in the National final. It is both fun and a great experience.
Eight-is-Enough games are normally held on the second Thursday of the month, barring conflicts with other events. To calculate your point count for these games, 0-900 master points = 1 point, 901-1800 master points = 2 points, 1800+ master points = 3 points, up to a limit of eight points for the team.
Sunday Unit & Swiss Team Games
In 2018, all Sunday Unit games will start promptly at 12:30 PM following a theme lunch at noon. We offer a 0-299 Masterpoint game as well as an Open Game on Thursday afternoons. The 4th Sunday Swiss Team game also starts at 12:30 PM, with a light lunch at noon.
- Basic Beginning Bridge. Monday mornings at 9:30 AM. Classes by Jane Dober. Contact email@example.com
- 0-1000 MP Bridge. Monday evenings at 6:30 PM. Contact Susan Bristol at firstname.lastname@example.org or Trudi Hanscom at email@example.com
- Supervised Play for Beginners, starts March 6 at 9:30 AM. Contact Marti Moss at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ellen O'Brien at (949) 369-9020.
- EasyBridge 2 Wednesday mornings at 9:00 AM. This is a Beginners class and game for 0-20 MP. Each class starts with a 30-minute lesson covering a different convention, followed by a game with hands that support the lesson. Contact Sharon Rippy at email@example.com
- Play of the Hand series by Hal Binder ends March 22.
- Judgement call: When they dare to interfere with our bidding! Thursday March 29 at 9:30 AM. Robert Irani at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advanced Declarer Play. A workshop by Marshall Pearlman is offered on April 5 and April 12 (NOTE NEW DATES). Contact Marshall at email@example.com
- For New Players (0-99 MP): Come and improve your game with a 30-minute lesson followed by a game. Fridays at 9:00 AM sharp! Contact Susan Bristol at firstname.lastname@example.org or Trudi Hanscom at email@example.com for more information.